Texas Lakes Trail Membership Program
The Texas Lakes Trail is a nonprofit organization that is part of the Texas Historical Commission’s Heritage Trails Program. Our mission is the promotion and preservation the unique heritage, cultural, natural, and Texas leisure resources of the 31-county region. We work to create a positive economic impact for the region by positioning it as a heritage tourism destination. Statewide marketing of the Texas Lakes Trail works to increase visitation to cultural and historic sites and bring more dollars to Texas communities, especially rural ones. We offer many opportunities for businesses and organizations in the region as part of our membership program. By teaming with the Texas Lakes Trail and other Lakes Trail Partners, you will pay only a small fraction of the costs for numerous marketing opportunities, and participation in annual events. View a list of our current partners.
Benefits of the Partner Participation Program:
- Travel Brochure: Distributed to state visitor centers, area Chambers and CVBs, businesses and travelers.
- Marketing Partnerships: Partner with the Lakes Trail at travel shows and events throughout the year. Through partnerships your marketing dollars go further.
- Training Workshops: A series of presentations on the best practices, case studies, specific skills and networking with regional and state experts.
- Satellite Brochures: Brochures provide possibilities to promote day trips, overnight itineraries and thematic trails within the region.
- Access to members database.
- Attraction/Community will be featured in our monthly newsletter at least once a year.
- Participation in brochure order page on website – new feature which will allow travelers and other visitor centers to request your brochure.
- Participation in website itineraries & theme pages.
- Access to our brochure request database.
- Basic listing on our website 1 paragraph of text and 1 photo.
- Use of logo on website and publications.
- Host a membership workshop.
- 1 feature a month on facebook
- Website: A calendar of events, contact information, downloadable brochures and pictures that promote the heritage and cultural resources within the region.
The program will provide discounts and other benefits to cities, non-profits, companies and individuals throughout the region.
Your Participation Will Help To:
- Promote Heritage Tourism Sites: The heritage tourism amenities of the region are promoted and tourism dollars are generated.
- Develop Heritage Tourism Amenities: As sites are identified or are created, the Texas Lakes Trail Region is active in the development of the asset.
Additional Benefits of the Program:
- Grassroots organization of the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program.
- Liaison to the Texas Historical Commission.
- Travel and Leisure show participation opportunities: TTIA Travel Fair, State Fair of Texas, and Frontier Forts Days to name a few.
- Co-op advertising opportunities.
- Presence on the Texas Lakes Trail website.
- Event listings on the Texas Lakes Trail homepage.
- Presence on Texas Lakes Trail Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Media/promotion list serve access.
- Free subscription to The Medallion, the Texas Historical Commission’s monthly magazine.
- Access media leads.
- Speakers Bureau.
- Texas Travel Information Center display opportunities.
- Use of the Texas Lakes Trail Region logo.
- The Texas Lakes Trail Region is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Texas Travel Industry Association
- Dallas/Fort Worth Area Tourism Council
- Preservation Texas
- Red River Valley Tourism Association
- Great Western Trail Association
- Individuals $25
- Chamber/CVB $275
- Cities $275
- Counties $275
- Small Businesses $75
- Large Businesses $275
- Diamond $10,000
- Emerald $5,000-9,999
- Sapphire $2,000-4,999
- Ruby $501-1,999