Menu

Texas Lakes Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Farmersville: Farmersville Onion Shed


By 1900, Farmersville had six cotton gins and two railroad lines with six passenger trains per day. By 1930, Farmersville was well known as the “Onion Capital of North Texas,” annually shipping over 1,000 carloads of “East Collin Sweets.” The Onion Shed, built in 1935, was restored in 2002 by the Main Street Program. The restoration won the 2003 Community Spirit Award from the Texas Downtown Association. It is used for numerous activities, including the Farmers & Fleas Market held the first Saturday of each month.


Location

  • 154 S Main St
  • Farmersville, Texas
  • 75442

Contact

Hours & Fees

  • Daily

  • Free


Map


 

Texas State Historical Association logo
Read more about Farmersville in the Handbook of Texas Online.