Texas Lakes Trail Membership Program
The Texas Lakes Trail Region is a nonprofit organization that is part of the Texas Historical Commission’s Heritage Trails Program. Our mission is the promotion and preservation the unique heritage, cultural, natural, and Texas leisure resources of the 31-county region. We work to create a positive economic impact for the region by positioning it as a heritage tourism destination. Statewide marketing of the region increases visitation to cultural and historic sites and as a result, more tourism dollars flow into Texas communities. Our members include: businesses, CVBs, Chambers of Commerce, museums, and non-profit organizations. As a member of the Texas Lakes Trail you will have access marketing opportunities, and participation in annual events.
Benefits of the Partner Participation Program:
- Travel Brochure: Distributed to state visitor centers, area Chambers and CVBs, businesses and travelers.
- Marketing Partnerships: Partner with the Lakes Trail at the State Fair of Texas.
- Training Workshops: A series of presentations on the best practices, case studies, specific skills and networking with regional and state experts.
- Access to members database.
- Attraction/Community will be featured in our monthly newsletter at least once a year.
- Participation in website itineraries & theme pages.
- Basic listing on our website 1 paragraph of text and 1 photo.
- Use of logo on website and publications.
- Host a membership workshop.
- Website: A calendar of events, contact information, and pictures that promote the heritage and cultural resources within the region.
The program will provide discounts and other benefits to cities, non-profits, companies and individuals throughout the region.
Your Participation Will Help To:
- Promote Heritage Tourism Sites: The heritage tourism amenities of the region are promoted and tourism dollars are generated.
- Develop Heritage Tourism Amenities: As sites are identified or are created, the Texas Lakes Trail Region is active in the development of the asset.
Additional Benefits of the Program:
- Grassroots organization of the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program.
- Liaison to the Texas Historical Commission.
- Travel and Leisure show participation opportunities: TTIA Travel Fair and the State Fair of Texas
- Co-op advertising opportunities.
- Presence on the Texas Lakes Trail website.
- Presence on Texas Lakes Trail Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Media/promotion list serve access.
- Free subscription to The Medallion, the Texas Historical Commission’s monthly magazine.
- Speakers Bureau.
- Use of the Texas Lakes Trail Region logo.
The Texas Lakes Trail Region is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Texas Travel Industry Association
- Preservation Texas
- Texas Downtown Association
- Red River Valley Tourism Association
- Great Western Trail Association
- International Chisholm Trail Association
- Texas Historical Commission
- Texas Association of Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Texas Golden Nugget Region
- Prehistoric Texas Trail
Authentic Texas Magazine
As a Texas Lakes Trail member you will recieve a 15% discount when you adverstise in Authentic Texas Magazine online or in print.
- Individuals $25
- Chamber/CVB $275
- Cities $275
- Counties $275
- Small Businesses $75
- Large Businesses $275