Education & Networking:
The Texas Lakes Trail partner with various organizations to host workshops and webinars.By working with other tourism groups our members are able to network with individuals they might not have otherwise met. You just never know who might show up at one of our meetings.Targeted workshops and discussion for our diverse membership.
- Display your brochure in the Heritage Trails booth at the State Fair of Texas in the famous Food and Fiber Pavilion.
- 15 % off ad placement in Authentic Texas Magazine
- Texas Lakes Trail Regional Map ad that is distributed at Travel Information Centers across the state.
- Texas Travel Information Center Visits for members to visit with Travel Counselors to tell them about what your community or site has to offer. Travel with us on a motor coach with other tourism professionals for networking this spring and fall. Travel Center locations to be announced.
- Participation in website itineraries & theme pages.
- Basic listing on our website 1 paragraph of text and 1 photo.
- Use of logo on website and publications.
- Host a membership workshop.
- Event listing on website
- Feature on Texas Lakes Trail social media sites.
- Part of the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program
- Founding member of the Heritage Trails LLC that publishes Authentic Texas Magazine
- Contributor to the award winning Authentic Texas Magazine
- Quanah Parker Traveling Exhibit has visited over 100 sites and increased visitation at each site
- Chisholm Trail Traveling Exhibit coming out this year
- Educational workshops
- Themed itineraries that reach across city limits
- Preserve America Award winner
Your Participation Will Help To:
- Promote Heritage Tourism Sites: The heritage tourism amenities of the region are promoted and tourism dollars are generated.
- Develop Heritage Tourism Amenities: As sites are identified or are created, the Texas Lakes Trail Region is active in the development of the asset.
- Fund Participation in events to showcase the region and our assets.
- Bring in speakers for workshops
- Take advantage our new opportunities to promote our region and our members
The Texas Lakes Trail Region is Affiliated with the Following Organizations:
- Texas Historical Commission
- Preservation Texas
- Texas Department of Agriculture, Go Texan Program
- Texas Parks and Wildlife
- Texas Travel Industry Association
- Red River Valley Tourism Association
- International Chisholm Trail Association
- International Great Western Trail Association
- Texas Downtown Association
- Texas Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus
Small Business/CHC/Main Street/Museum
Chamber of Commerce / Convention and Visitors Bureau / EDC